/ photographer: todd scott ballje /
Blog Links
Recent Posts // Archive Links on the Right Sidebar //Portfolio

12.27.2008

Some encouragement...

While working on another album this afternoon, I have been listening to Charlie Hall's relatively new album, "The Bright Sadness"
One song I have heard before totally jumped out at me today. I don't have the energy today to go into depth but this year has been such a challenge for me/us. Many of you know our family lost our Dad this year, which has been way more difficult than I imagined given we knew it was coming for a long time. Our daughter has been amazing and pretty much perfect but the combination of this business exploding this year, having an infant and Anna going back to school full time has been a liiiiittle stressful at times (ok, all the time).
But I digress...a song on this album is called "Bloom Again". It's super encouraging and poignant for me right now. Also a quote from a book I read last month also has kept me focused on the right things. It is from Glenn Beck. (pictured below)


This photo was an accident but I later saw it and really liked the perspective it gives. Maybe a little reminder that many of our plans are not what ultimately brings the most valuable things???
Click the photo if you want to grab it and use it.

A couple other awesome songs on this album are "Scenes" and "New Year" Check out Charlie's site since my friend Sarah Rhoads shot the photography for the website.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home