/ photographer: todd scott ballje /
Blog Links
Recent Posts // Archive Links on the Right Sidebar //Portfolio

12.24.2008

Kickin' it in HDR

I added 2 more photos...

I was just playin' around with some images from Mexico from this year. I did them in Photoshop and Photomatix in a process called HDR. It is taking multiple different exposures (same composition, different shutter speeds) and combining them to create High Dynamic Range.

the absolute master of this stuff is Trey Radcliff and his blog is Stuck In Customs If you are interested in this process (we photo nerds call Photoshop editing "Processing") you should check out his tutorial. It is not only super informative but also hilarious.

anyway, I have only played with a few to give it a try. Maybe more to come this winter in some down time. The cool thing about it to me is that it is totally real. Nothing is added really. It is just incorporating all the lights and darks that your eye sees a lot more of so in a way, HDR is closer to what your mind experienced when seeing that scene. Which is nice...

What do you think?






also a good friend of mine bought my old camera when I upgraded to the bad boy D3 and he loves to do HDR stuff. Check out his FLICKR page: Superwagon

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home