/ photographer: todd scott ballje /
Blog Links
Recent Posts // Archive Links on the Right Sidebar //Portfolio

3.15.2008

A craftsman at work.../ a really cool labor of love /

I have been working on and considering this project for really about 18 months. I finally got it right with the help of Jimmy "Live" Wire and Kevin Bennitt. The guys at Fine Arts Engraving treat your job with the same passion and craftsmanship I strive to always run my business with. Now I have an album company, a framing company and a printer who are truly master craftsmen at work for me. Sweet! So what is the project you ask?
Take a look and see when you can figure it out.

Here is the bad boy...a 1952 Heidleberg. Arh. Arh. Arh!


Here is the recipe: 2 3/4 parts Pantone Blue, 1 1/4 parts Pantone Green, 28 parts Pantone trans. white...

Jimmy has been a printer since birth he says. It literally was his dream growing up to run a Heidleberg Letter Press. Now he has been doing it for 28 years. He was awesome. He prints by the sound. By listening to the press.
Here he is giving me a history of letter pressing. All the way back to Gutenberg's (sp?) bible. I loved it.

In action...


This should do it for you.


So, yes, I have my new ultra simple, super cool (i think:) business cards. You will have to see and touch one to see why I am excited about them. I can't wait to get one in your hands. (and now that I have shared that I am so excited about them, you will have no choice but to act like they are the coolest things in the world! ha ha)

A huge thanks to Kevin and Fine Arts for helping me get them in time for WPPI next week! I also have to give a big shout out to Mike Colon. He is the one who introduced me to letter press. He has been such an awesome help, inspiration, and resource to me through his online resources, DVDs and every time I see him, he is willing to take the time to chat more about anything.

3 Comments:

Blogger Mark Brooke Photographers said...

these look great! the color is awesome. and the details are great!

3/20/08, 12:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

do you do laser engraving? On a baseball glove?

2/3/09, 8:50 PM  
Blogger / todd scott ballje said...

ha! I am the client in this case so I got those cards produced at Fine Arts Engraving in Oklahoma City. They may do that. Awesome company...check em out.

2/3/09, 8:52 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home