/ photographer: todd scott ballje /
Blog Links
Recent Posts // Archive Links on the Right Sidebar //Portfolio

4.09.2008

Just lazin' around in the caribbean...

updated post:
at the end of February, daddy and the 2 girl power team headed down to Cancun for strictly some chillin' out. It wasn't quite like the rest of the Caribbean but the water sure put you in that kind of mood.
We stayed at the Gran Melia' in Cancun...pretty good. "Pretty, pretty, pretty, pretty good". I actually tried to avoid the camera as much as possible given that I had pressed that little black button, oh about 150,000 times in the last 12 months. But I did have my new D3 so I couldn't resist a few destination travel shots and of course some of little miss Elaina (who is becoming quite comfortable in front of the camera I might add).
so some views from the Melia:





we took one field trip down to Tulum. About 2 hours south to where the seaside Mayan temples are. This was so cool. It is the ruins of a little walled city right on the coast. You have probably seen pictures of this area a lot.

So in true tourist dad form, I said, "OK girls, time to do a little historical exploration..."

"do we have toooo..."

"ok, ok, but I call the stroller."

"I'll be kickin' it over here if you need me"

"Ok this is pretty fun, I have to admit"

Photo by the infamous Anna Rose



But for the most part, we just slept in every day, played around and sat by the pool. And of course ate a lot of fish tacos and guacamole.


Finishing up taxes this week in the rain felt a thousand miles away from all of that. :(

Hey how bout some sharing some love in the comment section for 4 days in a row of posting.!

6 Comments:

Blogger Nathaniel Thompson said...

Sweet shot, Todd. Can't wait to see more.

-nate
(from PFTP)

4/9/08, 3:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is a ridiculously gorgeous print! WOWOWOOWW. you need to sell that on stockphoto or something.

4/9/08, 6:45 PM  
Blogger OHANA PHOTOGRAPHERS said...

seriously incredible landscape images. i would soooo sell those. galleryesque!! mmmm...fish tacos.

4/9/08, 11:46 PM  
Blogger Keighly Appel said...

Oh my gosh, could I have a cuter niece! I need a copy of this one. :)

4/10/08, 6:09 PM  
Blogger Josh McCullock Photography said...

wow! you have successfully made me jealous.
Actually I was jealous by the time I read about your D3, then it only got worse from there! :)

4/10/08, 9:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've been to beaches all over the caribbean but one of the coolest little beaches is there at Tulum. Who would have guessed?

-Lee D.

4/16/08, 9:27 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home